What is an Academic Placement?
Academic placements are unpaid community-based experiences that are part of an academic course, and are subject to guidelines set out by a Department/School in the Faculty of Social Sciences.
Why are Placements Incorporated into Courses?
Placements provide you an opportunity to:
- apply classroom learning to practical, hands-on experiences;
- develop new skills under the supervision of someone more experienced;
- learn more about and contribute to the community around you;
- enrich the classroom experience by allowing you to be an active participant in your learning; and,
- expand your network of contacts and build your resume.