Eligibility to Participate:
Activities offered through EE are available to undergraduate students who are:
- registered in a degree program within the Faculty of Social Sciences;
- in good academic and financial standing; and,
- completing a minimum of 18 units during the current Fall/Winter session.
Other students who may be eligible, but are required to pay an administration fee are those who meet the above criteria and are:
- registered in fewer than 18 units in the Fall/Winter session; or,
- Arts & Science or Humanities students who are registered in a combined Honours degree program with a Social Sciences discipline.
If you fall into either of these categories, please contact us for more details.
Please note: Additional eligibility requirements may be applied to individual EE activities.
Limiting Student Access to Participate:
EE reserves the right to limit student access to one or more activities for a determinant amount of time for reasons including, but not limited to:
- failure to complete requirements of an existing EE activity that is not normally recorded on the student transcript (e.g. Career Placement, USRA, Student Experience Grant, etc.);
- any student action where the reputation of the student, and/or EE, the Faculty of Social Sciences and/or McMaster University may be compromised;
- any situation where a student knowingly submits false, misleading or unauthentic/plagiarized information in an application or document; and,
- submission of an application that is incomplete, inaccurate and/or that is deemed unsuitable by EE staff.
In the case where a student's ability to participate in EE activities is limited or revoked, the student will be notified in writing as soon as possible.